Sunday, November 29, 2020

Robotic factory - first round of changes

 Following the first virtual playtest I made some changes.

I swapped some of the cards in starter deck for cards with extra use cost and stats. This should make the choice of starting army more varied.

In hotseat I also tried to salvage the one deck system by providing extra stored research at start and making expensive cards cheaper by adding use costs. I will need to play more with this system.

Hotseat testing showed that the original shield is probably too powerful. I will need to either change the rules or make it more expensive or make distortion weapon cheaper. The power level of ballistic missile also did not feel right.

Feedback after first round of changes felt more positive. One common concern was that division for armour and shields is not fun and also requires keeping too much state in assembly area. Also it was recommended to get rid of any duplicates in starting deck.

Another suggestion was to start with body pre-deployed to mitigate first shuffle randomness. This one felt useful so I am keeping it.

Also game needs a way to keep important cards in hand. I consider a rule to allow keeping 2 cards in hand. You draw two less next turn and gain 1 stored research.

No comments: